The Formula 400 Super Sport Crossover is one of the most celebrated additions to the innovative Formula Crossover fleet, which is quickly transforming the whole boating experience. With a design influenced by the groundbreaking 430 SSC, the 400 SSC is a combination of Super Sport’s offshore performance and versatile, open bow and cabin features from Formula’s unrivaled Crossover line, allowing you to enjoy the best of all worlds.
The Formula 400 SSC is an impressive 40 feet long and features a 12-foot beam and a deep-V hull of 21 degrees. With a cockpit space that measures almost 37 linear feet, the 400 implements the Formula Crossover SmartZone concept, which creates separate spaces for various activities while still encouraging guests to interact.
COMFORTABLE, VERSATILE HELM SEATING
The helm features triple command seating with comfortable chiseled support. The seating is also versatile, as the seat bottoms adjust for sitting, resting on the upright seat or standing. The footrest heights are also customizable.
SLEEK DASHBOARD WITH LOTS OF FEATURES
The durable composite dashboard boasts a dazzling array of features, including a Liquid Black floating panel that showcases dual Raymarine Axium 12 GPS widescreen color chart plotters, which can be upgraded to dual Axiom XL 16s or 19s. Other dashboard features include:
- Mercury® DTS with SmartCraft VesselView™
- Easy-to-use waterproof rocker switches
- Attractive digital switching
- Blue LED accent lighting
- Wireless iPad™ control
- Lockable glove box
- Padded mobile device station featuring dual USB charging ports
- Polished stainless, leather-wrapped tilt steering wheel
- Electronic shift and throttle
- Mercury® Joystick Piloting
LUXURIOUS LOUNGE AREA SEATING
Cockpit seating features recessed lumbar areas, beautiful precision stitching and graceful color accents. Incorporating the 400’s SmartZone design, there are two separate lounge areas — the portside divan and the U-shape to starboard — which are versatile areas where you can eat lunch, soak up the sun or enjoy a relaxing evening cruise.
The aft cockpit table is electronically actuated with adjustable heights, making it suitable for any activity. There are also 24 drink holders found through the cockpit and bow, so every guest will always have a spot to secure their beverages.
The outdoor kitchen is perfect for entertaining guests with its spacious Corian® countertop that provides plenty of room for food preparation.
- Fiberglass sink with a glide-away self-cover
- Stainless Isotherm pullout fridge
- Elka® faucet
- Paper towel holder
- Dedicated trash container
- StarBoard® drawers
- The Cuisinart® blender, which safely stows in the galley pantry
- Available YETI® Tundra® 35 cooler
- Available 120V Kenyon® electric grill for the aft cockpit
OPEN BOW SEATING
The transition to the bow is also seamless, thanks to its flush cockpit sole and innovative slide-open windshield.
The open bow of the Formula Boats 400 SSC features comfortable wrap-around seating offering multiple views to keep guests engaged. There is a triple-wide forward-facing lounge that transitions into full-length starboard side seats that sweep across the forward bow and arch to port. This maximizes your seating options and space.
Other features in the bow include:
- Flip-down dual armrest with drink holders
- Molded-in cooler forward
- Trash container
- Two Corian-top dual-height tables
- Available waterproof stereo control with subwoofer
- Available sun shade with stainless supports
If you’d like to be close to the water, there’s an extensive, rear-facing sun lounge in the back just for you. This lounge offers individual backrests you can adjust fore and aft. Below this lounge is a large trunk that keeps fenders stowed safely.
Some other features in this area include:
- Extensive swim platform: Farther aft is the spacious swim platform giving you easy access to the water. With 46 square feet of area, this platform allows swimmers to dry off and return to the cockpit without disturbing any other passengers.
- Extended entertainment features: This area has no shortage of entertainment capabilities, with a dual USB charging port, four drink holders at the sunpad, JL Audio speaker above the platform and a waterproof stereo control by the portside utility locker.
- Sun protection: If you prefer sun protection, the available SureShare will extend aft from the coupe top with just the press of a button.
- Ample storage: Easily accessible storage areas, including the areas under the seats, the gelcoat-finished equipment holds and the 13 tubs and lockers, provide dedicated placement for your boating gear.
- Charging ports: Throughout the 400 are 10 dual USB charging ports, which allow up to 20 devices to charge at a time.
The Formula Super Sport Crossover boasts a luxurious cabin. From the portside door by the helm, three solid wood steps lead to the spacious cabin with woodgrain-finish flooring, opening windows and 6 feet, 5 inches of headroom. The focal point of the cabin is the U-shaped Ultraleather® lounge, which features a high-gloss, dual-height wood table you can raise to eat dinner with friends or lower to sleep.
Other features in the 400 cabin include:
The starboard side offers several culinary conveniences, including an extensive Corian sink, an overhead microwave, a hidden trash container and an available Keurig® coffee maker. There’s also a hardwood drawer equipped with automatic silent closure as well as ample cupboard space, both open and concealed. And for entertaining your guests, there’s a perfectly positioned 32-inch LED/LCD HDTV.
On the port side, you’ll find a large pullout stainless steel fridge, more drawers for storage and a spacious cedar-lined locker for hanging clothes.
ABUNDANT ENTERTAINMENT CAPABILITIES
You’ll also find on the port side an electronics pylon with light switches, touch air conditioning, Rockford Fosgate stereo remote control and available iPad® with LaunchPort® inductive charging system. You can control all air conditioning and lighting with digital switching controls. Blue LED accent lighting serves as a striking design element.
Go aft and you will to enter the cabin stateroom, which features a privacy curtain and a permanent queen-size bed, meaning you won’t have to convert your lounge into a sleeping area. This area offers all the amenities you need for relaxing in bed, including two dual USB charging ports, storage areas at the foot of the bed and in the upholstered headboard and an available 32-inch LED/LCD HDTV with Blu-ray player and WiFi.
BUILD THE BOAT OF YOUR DREAMS WITH FORMULAFLEX™
In recent years, customization and flexibility have come to be expected from many businesses, and Formula is no exception. We have dynamically changed our manufacturing methods to address this consumer demand so you can build the boat you’ve always dreamed of.
If you’re looking for a 400 Super Sport Crossover for sale or want to know more about our customization program, please contact us now to learn more.